Please see below, as applicable, for official project specific public noticing for Chelan County Natural Resources Department processes.
INITIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: Dated April 26th, 2023- Generators for Critical Water Facilities in the City of Leavenworth
Chelan County Natural Resources Department has applied for HMGP-Post Fire Recovery grant funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to fund the purchase of emergency backup generators to support critical water facilities in the City of Leavenworth; with matching funds provided by the City of Leavenworth and Washington Emergency Management Division. Pursuant to 44 CFR Part 9.12, FEMA gives early notice under Executive Order (EO) 11988, Floodplain Management or EO 11990, Wetland Protection; since this action is located in or affects the floodplain or may affect wetlands.
The project site is located in or affects the floodplain of the Wenatchee and/or Icicle Rivers. The purpose of the project is to acquire three emergency back-up generators to support the uninterrupted use of critical water facilities in the City of Leavenworth and perform all electrical upgrades and fuel system installation necessary to support the use of said generators. The proposed action includes: The purchase of three diesel powered emergency back-up generators and the installation of automatic transfer switches at three different critical water facilities within or operated by the City of Leavenworth. An on-site fuel source, concrete pad, security fencing and a weather enclosure would also be established for each generator as part of the proposed action. This project will ensure the uninterrupted use of the City’s water treatment facility, well field and booster water distribution system in the event of power loss.
Comments concerning the proposed action will be accepted from the affected public; local, state and federal agencies; and other interested parties in order to consider and evaluate alternatives and the environmental impacts of the proposed action. Comments should be made in writing, sent to the point of contact listed below, and postmarked within 30 days of publication of this notice.
Additional information about the project, including a project area map, can be obtained from the applicant contact below.
|For Additional Information:
Regional Environmental Officer
FEMA Region 10
130 228th St SW
Bothell, WA 98021-9796
(425) 487-4613 fax
Chelan County Natural Resources Department
411 Washington Street, Suite 201
Wenatchee, WA 98801
PUBLIC NOTICE: Chelan County Natural Resources Department 2024 Small Works Roster
Notice is hereby given that Chelan County Natural Resources Department is accepting applications from contractors who wish to be included on the Natural Resources Department Small Works Roster. Applicants must be licensed contractors in the State of Washington. Contractors whose names appear on the Small Works Roster may be invited to submit proposals for contracts in the amount of $350,000 or less.
Interested contractors must complete an application form provided by Chelan County. To obtain application forms contact Chelan County Natural Resources Department, Lorie.Wiseman@co.chelan.wa.us, or visit the Chelan County website at: https://www.co.chelan.wa.us/natural-resources/pages/resources
PUBLIC NOTICE: Chelan County Natural Resources Department 2024 On-Call Consultant Services
The Chelan County Natural Resources Department (CCNRD) solicits interest from consultants who wish to be evaluated and considered to provide On-Call services for various projects within the department. Firms that submit a SOQ will be reviewed and added to CCNRD’s on-call roster based on the categories of services provided. If you have already submitted your SOQ with us, we will keep it on file until there is an updated version.
Evaluation factors are Expertise (30%), Key personnel qualifications (30%), Firms familiarity w/ relevant codes and standards (20%), and Past performances (20%).
Project Description – The Natural Resources Department expects the need to occasionally supplement its own resources for various projects and services. Services may include but are not limited to the following:
- Natural Resources Site Assessment, Environmental assessments, Planning, and Permitting (watershed planning, fisheries, river and stream assessments, restoration planning and design, wetlands and floodplain, forestry and wildlife, land use planning and assessment, permitting and environmental compliance, geologic studies, GIS/mapping, archaeology/cultural resources).
- Drone-based aerial and thermal infrared imagery data collection
- Water Resources (assessment and planning, surface and groundwater supply, water rights, water quality, hydrologic analysis, hydraulic modeling, engineering and design).
- Engineering and Construction Services (civil engineering, restoration project modeling and design, survey, structural, construction management, project management).
- Road network analysis and decommissioning
- Project Support and Outreach (facilitation, project management and coordination, property appraisal, technical support).
- Public outreach and Education
- Hazard mitigation planning, benefit-cost analysis
- Fuels reduction/forest health work
- Wetland delineations
- Graphic/digital design, product development, strategic communication and marketing
- Community planning (recreational planning, community forest planning)
- Real estate appraisal (yellow book standard)
- Parks, recreation and trail design, planning and community engagement
- River recreation studies and planning
For additional information, please contact Lorie Wiseman, Business Assistant by e-mail at Lorie.Wiseman@co.chelan.wa.us.
Submittals – One (1) copy of your SOQ with a cover letter indicating the service categories your firm is qualified to provide to: Lorie.email@example.com
Posted: 10/13/2020 10:51 AM
Last Updated: 02/15/2024 02:32 PM