Marriage Name Changes

Name changes do not happen automatically upon marriage!!

You must contact each entity you do business with and inform them of your new name. Some agencies will require you to provide them with a certified copy of your marriage certificate, available at the county in which the marriage license was obtained. Those who apply for their license in Chelan County have the option to prepay $3.00 to have a certified copy mailed to them after the ceremony. Once the marriage officiant returns the completed paperwork, we certify and mail a copy of the recorded certificate. Please note that the officiant has 30 days to return the signed paperwork to the recording department. Here is a list of key places you may need to inform of your new name:

Driver Licensing

Wenatchee Office:
(509) 662-5141
325 N Chelan, Suite B Wenatchee, WA, 98801
Other driver licensing office locations

Social Security Administration (SSA)

Wenatchee Office:
301 Yakima St, Suite 212
(The Federal Building also houses the Post Office)
Phone (800) 772-1213
Web Site:
Note: The SSA notifies the IRS of name changes

Banks or other institutions that you have financial accounts with

Credit cards & other credit accounts
Stock certificates & other investments
Insurance of all kinds: medical, life, auto, home

Vehicle Titles:

Department of Licensing: Chelan County Auditor; Other vehicle licensing offices

Voter Registration:

Chelan County Auditor (509) 667-6808 - or - download, complete & mail a form from Washington Secretary of State-Elections: Register to Vote