Chelan County Lodging Tax Guidance to Request for 2021 Project Funding
Chelan County is committed to supporting existing projects and events and developing new initiatives that make an economic difference. Lodging Tax funds generated in unincorporated Chelan County have been made available for this purpose. Successful grants will be considered utilizing the following criteria:
- Increases tourism and convention activity in Chelan County.
- Boost in overnight stays and/or increase retail sales primarily in unincorporated Chelan County.
- Availability of funds. Current funding available $250,000 for events/promotion, and $500,000 for capital projects.
- Meets reporting requirements of the State law.
- Overall economic impact to Chelan County.
- Complete, Signed, timely application.
- Funds must be used for an activity/event/project in calendar year 2021. Capital Projects must be started in 2021 and completed no later than year end 2022.
- Your budget must accompany your application showing the use of your organizations’ and the County’s matching funds. Funds may not be used for administrative costs.
- Washington’s Playground website address should be included in any marketing funded by the allocation.
- A follow-up report must be given within 90 days of the conclusion of the project or event to the Chelan County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee showing the impact of the funding on the community, ie: attendance, impact on the occupancy/retail sales, publicity, etc. The report is to include receipts showing how the organizations and Chelan County’s marketing dollars were used.
- Capital construction projects will have additional requirements for monthly status reports.
- Capital projects must stay in publicly owned for a minimum of 10 years after completion.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. on October 30, 2020.
If you have questions, contact: County Administrator Cathy Mulhall, 509-667-6215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: 09/10/2019 08:31 AM
Last Updated: 09/02/2020 03:41 PM