Candidate Filing Week May 14, 2018 - May 18, 2018
Candidate filing begins in-person, or by messenger, Monday, May 14th at 9:00 a.m. and closes Friday, May 18th at 5:00 p.m. in the Chelan County Auditor's Office, located in the Chelan County Courthouse, 350 Orondo Ave, Level 3, Wenatchee, WA.
Online candidate filing begins Monday, May, 14th at 9:00 a.m. and closes May 18th at 4:00 p.m.
By Mail (delivery through the US Postal Service):
April 30, 2018 is the first day the Elections Office may recieve candidate declarations by mail.
- Declarations submitted electronically (fax or email) are not considered by mail.
- We cannot accept declaration forms prior to April 30, 2018.
- All declarations received by mail are held and will not be processed or publicized until the first day of the filing period (May 14, 2018).
- The Elections Office must receive declaration forms no later than the end of the last day of candidate filing (May 18, 2018). Delivery to another department in the county or state does not qualify as valid delivery.
Electronic (Fax or Email):
With the exception of filing fee petitioners, candidate may submit declarations of candidacy electronically during the filing period (May14th - May18th).
- The same deadlines and requirements apply as for in-person filing.
- If payment if a fee is required, electronic filing is not complete until receipt of the fee.
Filing for Office (RCW 29A.24.070)
At the time of filing, a candidate’s voter registration data will be checked. If there are discrepancies, corrections to the voter registration file must be completed before the Declaration of Candidacy can be accepted. When filing for an office, candidates are not permitted to use a nickname that denotes present or past occupation, military rank, the candidate’s position on issues or political affiliation, or use a nickname designed to intentionally mislead voters. A candidate’s last name must match the last name under which he/she is registered to vote.
Candidates who provide an email address will recieve an immediate email when another candidate files for the same position and have the option to submit a statement and/or photo for the online voters' guide.
Your filing fee (if any) must be paid before the filing deadline. CANDIDATE FILING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. It is your responsibility to submit your online filing correctly. Please make sure you:
- Read all instructions very carefully.
- File before the deadlines: Online candidate filing closes at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 18, 2018. If you choose not to use the online optoion, you may file in-person at our office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you need assistance or have any questions, contact the Chelan County Auditor's Office at 509-667-6808.