In accordance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), Chelan County and Ecology’s Office of Columbia River have prepared a Draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) for the Icicle Strategy. The purpose of this PEIS is to evaluate the potential environmental impacts of implementing a comprehensive water resource management plan in the Icicle Creek Subbasin, with the guiding principles as the water management objectives. This Draft PEIS evaluates five alternatives as well as a no-action alternative. Each alternative consists of a combination of projects that when implemented will collectively meet the Work Group’s adopted guiding principles.
The public comment period for this Draft PEIS ended on July 30, 2018.
Draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement - Download
- Cover Letter, Table of Contents and Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Alternatives
- Chapter 3: Affected Environment
- Chapter 4: Impacts and Mitigation Measures
- Chapter 5: Consultation and Coordination
- Chapter 6: References
- Chapter 7: List of Contributors
- Appendix A: SEPA Responsiveness Summary
- Appendix B: Eightmile Lake Storage Restoration Feasibility Study
- Appendix C: Alpine Lakes Optimization and Automation Feasibility Study
- Appendix D: WDFW Priority Species and Preferred Habitats that Occur in Chelan County and the Alpine Lakes Area
- Appendix E: Easement Agreements and Deeds
- Appendix F: Changing Streamflow in Icicle, Peshastin, and Mission Creeks
For information on obtaining a printed document or an e-copy on flash drive, please contact Chelan County's Water Resource Manager, Mary Jo Sanborn, at (509)-667-6532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A public hearing to receive comments on the Draft PEIS was held on June 27, 2018 from 4:00 to 8:00 PM in Leavenworth. The materials from this hearing are available for your review by clicking here.
2016 SEPA Scoping
- Icicle Strategy SEPA Checklist
- Icicle Strategy Determination of Significance
- 2016 SEPA Open House Materials
- Icicle Watershed Map