Welcome to your Chelan County Treasurer’s office.
The County Treasurer is a key position of public trust in the affairs of local government, requiring the efficient and reliable handling of all funds. Depending upon the time of the year, between 76 million and 101 million dollars of investments are managed. Records are maintained for over 56 thousand tax and assessment accounts. The Treasurer’s office has a staff of six in addition to the county treasurer, with two major divisions.
- Responsible for investing and disbursing funds and revenues for the state, county, junior taxing and assessment districts.
- Accounting for debt obligations of junior taxing districts and irrigation districts.
- Determine fund cash balances and honor payment of warrants.
- Responsible for the collection of real, personal, and utility taxes, for cities, schools, irrigation districts, and various other assessment districts.
- Acts as an agent for the Department of Revenue by collecting Real Estate Excise Tax on the sale of property.
- Foreclose on property for delinquent taxes.
- Issuance of Mobile Home Movement Certificates.
PO Box 1441
350 Orondo Avenue, 2nd level
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Public Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm