Habitat Projects: Funding & Partners
Salmon habitat enhancement projects implemented by the Chelan County Natural Resources department are not funded by the County general or capital budgets. All construction and staff costs for project development, planning, permitting, construction oversight, and monitoring are funded by external sources.
So we owe a huge thank you to the following funding sources:
- US Bureau of Reclamation
- Salmon Recovery Funding Board
- Tributary Committee
- Preist Rapids Coordinating Committee
- Department of Ecology
- NOAA Restoration Center
- Whole Watershed Restoration Initiative (EcoTrust and NOAA)
- State Department of Natural Resources
- Federal Emergency Management Act
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- Bonneville Power Administration
- State Recreation and Conservation Office
- Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board
Project partners also provide valuable input on project design and implementation. The County participates in the Wenatchee and Entiat Planning Units and Habitat Subcommittee meetings to work with members on project prioritization, design, and implementation.
To learn how you can be more involved in the planning units or habitat subcommittees,
contact at (509) 667- 6532.
- Shoreline Master Program Update
- Nason Creek Fish Habitat Enhancement Projects
- Salmon Recovery, Getting it Done DVD