Frequently Asked Questions - District Court
May I download forms to fill out at home?
Yes. Many of the forms used in the District Court are available on our website or available for downloading from the official site of the Washington State Courts. If you cannot find the form you need on the District Court's website, please click on the following link to go to the State Court Forms website: www.courts.wa.gov.
What should I wear and how should I act in court?
- Suitable attire is required. Shoes and shirts are necessary. Halter tops, tank tops, and shorts are not permitted. Hats are to be removed upon entering the courtroom.
- No smoking, food or drink will be allowed.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted.
- Cell phones and beepers must be switched to the off position.
- Children may be present in the courtroom. However, if they disturb the proceedings you may be requested to remove them. The Court does not provide child care.
- Upon your arrival, find your name on the calendar outside the courtroom and then have a seat in the proper courtroom until the session convenes. You do not need to check in with the clerk unless your name is not on the list.
- When your name is called, come forward and stand behind one of the counsel tables.
- Be polite, courteous, and remain standing until instructed otherwise by the judge.