Long Range Planning
The Long Range Planning Division is the lead agency responsible for long range comprehensive planning and County regulations including zoning, permit procedures, development standards, and the subdivision codes. The Comprehensive Plan is revised and updated on an annual basis. The County regulations may be updated more frequently.
- Click Here for individual requests for updates:
- Long Range Planning Forms & Applications
In order to implement the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan, the County maintains and updates development regulations, including but not limited to, zoning, critical areas, shoreline master program, and land divisions. Each year the County may consider updates to the development regulations. For 2018, the County is currently reviewing:
- Vacation Rentals. To receive infomration on this topic, sign up as a "Party of Record" at CDPlanning@co.chelan.wa.us, or for mail notices, call 509-667-6586.
The Comprehensive Plan is the long range visioning and land use policy document for the County, developed pursuant to RCW 36.70A. Chelan County’s Comprehensive Plan includes, land use, housing, transportation, capital facilities, parks and recreation, utilities, rural lands, resource lands, and shoreline lands.
- Click Here for:
- Chelan County Comprehensive Plan 2017-2037
Shoreline Master Plan
The Shoreline Master Program adopted by the Chelan County Board of Commissioners through Resolution 2017-120 is being reviewed and processed by the WA Department of Ecology.
- Click Here for the SMP that is being reveiwed by the Dept. of Ecology:
- Shoreline Master Program