2017 Comprehensive Plan Update
Chelan County was created in 1899 out of Okanogan and Kittitas Counties. According to the Census bureau, the county has a total area of 2,994 square miles and a population of 73,967. The County is led by 3 elected officials serving on the Board of County Commissioners, each representing a specific area of the county (Commissioner District 1, 2, and 3).
Chelan County’s first Comprehensive Plan dates back to 1958. This visionary document provided guidance to decision makers about what residents hoped to see in their community. In 1990, the State of Washington passed legislation creating a new framework for local land use planning and regulation, commonly referred to as the “Growth Management Act (GMA).” The GMA established specific goals and requirements that all local comprehensive plans and development regulations are to achieve. The GMA, as amended, is found under Chapter 36.70A of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW).
Chelan County adopted a Comprehensive Plan in 2000 to comply with the GMA. The last mandated review and update to the Comprehensive Plan was completed in 2007, Resolution 2007-52, with additional updates occurring annually.
Proposed Changes to the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan for 2017
The Chelan County Comprehensive Plan update process began in 2015. Each element (chapter) of the Comprehensive Plan has been revised to reflect changes to the County Code and Washington State laws. The following documents represent the proposed amendments & reference materials of the Comprehensive Plan Update. Additionally, the County is recommending to update the zoning code regulations, as well as the zoning maps, related to changes in the Comprehensive Plan.
Public comments and ideas are a vital part of the planning process. Public comment is encouraged. Comments should be received by October 24th, 2017, prior to the October 25th Planning Commission Hearing. If you would like to be noticed of new documents please provide your email or call our office.
Feel free to submit your comments by email, at email@example.com, or by mail to Community Development 316 Washington Street, Suite 301, Wenatchee, WA. 98801.
Any questions can be directed to Lilith Vespier at (509) 667-6225.
- Land Use Element
- Rural Element
- Resource Element
- Housing Element
- Capital Facilities Element
- Utilities Element
- Economic Development Element
- Park and Recreation Element
- Shoreline Element
- Transportation Element (Transportation Element Website (Public Works))
- Appendix B Land Capacity
- Appendix C Draft Maps Revision Areas
- Appendix D Malaga Vision Plan
- Compiled Goal and Policy Amendments
- Staff Report
- SEPA DNS
- Related Code Amendments
City of Wenatchee Comprehensive Plan Update for 2017
- As part of the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan Update, changes in the Urban Growth Areas (UGA) include the corresponding City Comprehensive Plan & Development Updates. The City of Wenatchee has completed their Comprehensive Plan Update for 2017 and has requested that Chelan County adopt these documents to address properties within the Wenatchee UGA.
- Ordinance 2017-12
- Agenda Report Ordinance 2017-12
- Ordinance 2017-16
- Agenda Report Ordinance 2017-16
- Resolution 2017-35
- Agenda Report Resolution 2017-35
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit A
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit B Part 1
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit B Part 2
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit C
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit D
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit E
- Sewer Plan 2017
- City Council Agenda June 8, 2017
- City Council Agenda July 13, 2017
Existing 2016 Chelan County Comprehensive Plan
- Chelan County Comprehensive Plan Res 2016-109
- Appendix A County Wide Policies
- Appendix B Residential Land Capacity Analysis
- Appendix C Land Use Inventory
- Appendix E Malaga Vision Plan
- Appendix F Peshastin Sub Area Comp Plan
- Appendix G Manson Sub Area Comp Plan
Appendix H Placeholder
- Appendix I Monitor Vision Plan and Map
Appendix J Placeholder
- Appendix K Sunnyslope Sub Area Plan
- Appendix L Transportation Element Appendices